- 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 is expected to arrive in U.S. as a part of the 2022 model year, reaching dealers by Fall 2021. Pricing and exact availability will be announced closer to that time.
- Updates to the 2022 model include further use of lightweight materials, refined aerodynamics, and a motorsports-derived double wishbone front axle layout.
- The engine is a naturally aspirated 4.0-liter, six-cylinder boxer engine that revs to 9,000 rpm. It generates up to 502 hp and 346 lb-ft of torque, with a sharp throttle response thanks largely to its six independent throttle bodies. This engine is virtually identical to the unit found in the new, track-only 911 GT3 Cup race car.
- The seven-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) transmission—engineered and tuned specifically for the 911 GT3—is included as standard equipment, while a six-speed manual transmission is also available to order.
- The car’s hood, rear wing, and fixed rear spoiler underneath the wing are all made of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP), with lightweight noise-insulated glass on all of the windows.
- The double wishbone front axle of the new GT3 is derived from the 911 RSR and 911 GT3 Cup cars and adapted for road use. The new front axle offers even more direct and precise steering than its predecessor, with improved cornering stability.